hillcrest RESPONSE to COVID-19
Hillcrest is committed to serving our families and keeping them safe. We are equally focused on the health and safety of our employees.
The current situation is extremely fluid and PLLP has been navigating operations in an effort to slow the transmission of this virus to the best of our abilities. We are taking extra precautions to keep our facilities and offices sanitized.
Effective July 7th, it is mandatory to wear a mask when visiting or attending a service in any of our indoor facilities. At all other times it is recommended that a mask be worn. With your understanding, please be aware that we have revised our previous implementations with the following procedures:
Access to Facilities
Entrance to the Administrative Offices
will be by appointment only. The doors will be locked at all times. For essential needs, please call the office number for assistance (see Contact Us).
Access to our mausolea for general visitation is now available. We ask that you respect the hours posted, observe all government directives still in effect (social distancing, hand washing and sanitizing) mandatory wearing of mask.
Hours of visitation are as follows:
Monday – Sunday 8:00am – 8:00pm
Safe Distance Protocol
Effective June 13th, 2020, the Ontario Government rescinded previous restriction on large gatherings at funerals and now advised for outdoor services no more than 25 attendees and for indoor services restricted to a number that allows for all directives to be observed. We will be strictly enforcing this at our locations. In some instance as identified below, circumstances will dictate that we must restrict attendance even further. We ask that all attendees wear a mask.
We have implemented a Safe Distance Protocol for employees and the public. This means our employees will have no direct physical contact such as handshakes and hugs with one another or members of the public and they will observe a 12-foot distance wherever possible.
All visitors to our facilities will be screened as follows:
- Have you or any member of your immediate family been in contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19?
- Are you or any member of your immediate family in self-isolation?
- Has Public Health been involved?
- Do you have any of these symptoms:
- New onset of cough
- Chills or shivers
- Shortness of breath
If visitors answer YES to any of the above, we will be asking them to return home. If the purpose of their visit was to make cemetery arrangements, they will be instructed to call us and we will conduct the meeting remotely by phone.
Additional precautions specific to:
- Individuals will be permitted to approach the grave to place flowers on the casket once our employees have had the opportunity to distance themselves a minimum of 12 feet
- The casket will not be lowered until the attendees have vacated the area
- Effective as of September 21st, a maximum of 25 people can attend the service
B. Mausoleum and Niche Entombments
- All attendees will be required to adhere to the Safe Distance Protocol maintaining at least 12 feet from our staff at all times
- Services shall be completed in a common area within the mausoleum or niche buildings
- Closing of mausoleum crypts will not begin until the safe distance protocol has been achieved with up to 10 individuals present. Our staff will not be present until all visitors have left.
- During the placement in and sealing of the crypt or niche, attendance will be limited to a maximum of 10 individuals (a 12-foot distance from staff must be maintained at all times).
- Effective as of June 13th, a maximum of 20 people can attend the service unless building requires further restriction to comply with government directives.
Effective as of June 13th, 2020 new protocols at our PLLP Crematorium locations:
- We will no longer provide Rush Cremations
- We will allow witnessings with maximum of 2 persons in our crematoriums
- We will only be accepting deliveries up to the maximum storage capacity of each PLLP location
- We will continue to offer Chapel Services / Committals for up to 15 attendees with the following protocol that our staff will not be present during use of chapel. Our staff will enter only when everyone has left the chapel.
We thank our families, their guests and all visitors to our locations and facilities for their understanding during these extraordinary times.